Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I-Desire

A poor waiter in Patna has become a celebrity of sorts after his son cracked the IIT entrance exam this year. The overjoyed man gives full credit to I-Desire - a small group of former IITians in Bihar who coach underprivileged kids and provide them study material.Mani Bhusan Singh and his parents are getting privileged treatment in their neighbourhood after the 18-year-old cleared the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE).There are 15 other students from underprivileged families here who have made it to IIT thanks to I-Desire. The former IITians have been funding I-Desire, which provides free coaching for a year and counselling by IITians, explained Grijesh Jha, coordinator of I-Desire and a former student of IIT Kanpur

No comments: